Summative Assignment: Critique of Research Article
A elaboration choice demonstrates your power to critically decipher an investigative con-over. For this assignment, cull a elaboration period kindred to nursing or corrective to choice.
- Articles used for one assignment can't be used for the other assignments (students should furnish new elaboration periods for each assignment).
- The separated periods should be pristine elaboration periods. Revisal periods, meta-analysis, meta-synthesis, and systemic revisal should not be used.
- Mixed-methods studies should not be used.
Your choice should involve the ensueing:
- State the whole obviously as it is presented in the reverberation.
- Have the investigators placed the con-over whole among the tenor of stout acquirements?
- Will the con-over reresolve a whole applicable to nursing?
- State the end of the elaboration.
Review of the Literature
- Identify the concepts explored in the lore revisal.
- Were the regards ordinary? If not, what do you ponder the reasons are?
- Are the hypothetical concepts defined and kindred to the elaboration?
- Does the elaboration induce solely on nursing assumption or does it induce on assumption from other disciplines?
- Is a hypothetical framework established in this elaboration member?
- If not, recommend one that strength be accordant for the con-over.
- What are the stubborn and relying variables in this con-over?
- Are the operational definitions of the variables sturdy? If so, are they consolidated and measurable?
- Is the elaboration scrutiny or the fancy established? What is it?
- What likeness of sketch (quantitative, requisite, and likeness) was used in this con-over?
- Was inductive or hearsay forced used in this con-over?
- State the pattern magnitude and con-over population, sampling rule, and con-over enhancement.
- Did the investigator cull a probpower or non-probpower pattern?
- State the likeness of relipower and the security of the bulk dupes.
- Were religions considerations addressed?
- What grounds resolution dupe was used?
- How were the results presented in the con-over?
- Identify at last one (1) furnishing.
Summary/Conclusions, Implications, and Recommendations
- What are the strengths and limitations of the con-over?
- In stipulations of the furnishings, can the elaborationer classify to other populations? Explain.
- Evaluate the furnishings and conclusions as to their appreciation for nursing.
The mass of your boundary should be 4–6 double-spaced pages plus a cloak page and a regard page. The choice must be sturdy to the period and ensue APA guidelines.
Need APA Help?
Visit the Student Resources tab or the WCU Library tab at the top of this page.