Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics
Pharmacokinetics recounts what the assemblage does to the garbage through parching, arrangement, metabolism, and sweating, since pharmacodynamics recounts what the garbage does to the assemblage.
Photo Credit: Getty Images/Ingram Publishing
When selecting garbages and determining dosages for endurings, it is accidental to deduce personal enduring factors that susceptibility collision the enduring’s pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes. These enduring factors comprise genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, manner (i.e., nutriment, sustentation, smoking, alcohol, unfair garbage abuse), and/or pathophysiological changes due to indisposition.
For this Discussion, you advert on a plight from your gone-by clinical experiences and deduce how a enduring’s pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes may exchange his or her retort to a garbage.
- Review the Resources for this module and deduce the principles of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics.
- Reflect on your experiences, observations, and/or clinical performances from the lay-opened 5 years and conceive environing how pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic factors exchangeed his or her anticipated retort to a garbage.
- Consider factors that susceptibility possess influenced the enduring’s pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes, such as genetics (including pharmacogenetics), gender, ethnicity, age, manner, and/or practicable pathophysiological changes due to indisposition.
- Think environing a personalized sketch of prudence inveterate on these influencing factors and enduring narrative in your plight examine.
By Day 3 of Week 1
Post a name of the enduring plight from your experiences, observations, and/or clinical performance from the lay-opened 5 years. Then, recount factors that susceptibility possess influenced pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes of the enduring you verified. Finally, teach details of the personalized sketch of prudence that you would lay-open inveterate on influencing factors and enduring narrative in your plight. Be specific and supply examples.
Four references not past than 5years
Rosenthal, L. D., & Burchum, J. R. (2018). Lehne’s pharmacotherapeutics for slow performance supplyrs. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier.
- Chapter 1, “Prescriptive Authority” (pp. 1–3)
- Chapter 2, “Rational Garbage Selection and Prescription Writing” (pp. 5–9)
- Chapter 3, “Promoting Positive Outcomes of Garbage Therapy” (pp. 11–16)
- Chapter 4, “Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics, and Garbage Interactions” (pp. 17–40)
- Chapter 5, “Adverse Garbage Reactions and Medical Errors” (pp. 41–49)
- Chapter 6, “Individual Variation in Garbage Response” (pp. 51–56)