QNT 275 Week 3 Practice Set
Practice Set 3
1. Let x be a natural casual inconstant. What is the likelihood that x assumes a uncompounded estimate, such as a (use numerical estimate)?
2. The subjoined are the three main characteristics of a ordinary disposal.
A. The aggregate area lower a ordinary flexion correspondents _____.
B. A ordinary flexion is ___________ encircling the medium. Consequently, 50% of the aggregate area lower a ordinary disposal flexion lies on the left laterality of the medium, and 50% lies on the upupcorrect laterality of the medium.
C. Fill in the bleak. The servants of a ordinary disposal flexion increase indefinitely in twain directions extraneously moving or transection the tasteless axis. Although a ordinary flexion never meets the ________ axis, past the points represented by µ - 3σto µ+ 3σ it becomes so delay to this axis that the area lower the flexion past these points in twain directions is very delay to cipher.
3. For the measure ordinary disposal, confront the area amid one measure gap of the
medium that is, the area betwixt μ − σ and μ + σ. Round to indelicate decimal places.
4. Confront the area lower the measure ordinary flexion. Round to indelicate decimal places.
a) betwixt z = 0 and z = 1.95
b) betwixt z = 0 and z = −2.05
c) betwixt z = 1.15 and z = 2.37
d) from z = −1.53 to z = −2.88
e) from z = −1.67 to z = 2.24
5. The likelihood disposal of the population grounds is designated the (1) ________. Consideration 7.2 in the citation provides an stance of it. The likelihood disposal of a illustration statistic is designated its (2) _________. Consideration 7.5 in the citation provides an stance it.
A. Likelihood disposal
B. Population disposal
C. Ordinary disposal
D. Sampling disposal
6. ___________ is the distinction betwixt the estimate of the illustration statistic and the estimate of the identical population parameter, turgid that the illustration is casual and no non-sampling blunder has been made. Stance 7–1 in the citation displays sampling blunder. Sampling blunder occurs simply in illustration surveys.
7. Consider the subjoined population of 10 collection. 20 25 13 19 9 15 11 7 17 30
a) Confront the population medium. Round to two decimal places.
b) Rich separated one illustration of nine collection from this population. The illustration intervening the collection 20, 25, 13, 9, 15, 11, 7, 17, and 30. Calculate sampling blunder for this illustration. Round to decimal places.
8. Fill in the bleak. The Fdisposal is ________ and skewed to the upright. The F disposal has two collection of degrees of freedom: df for the numerator and df for the denominator. The units of an F distribution, denoted by F, are nonnegative.
9. Confront the precarious estimate of F for the subjoined. Round to two decimal places.
a) df = (3, 3) and area in the upupcorrect servant = .05
b) df = (3, 10) and area in the upupcorrect servant = .05
c) df = (3, 30) and area in the upupcorrect servant = .05
10. The subjoined ANOVA consideration, naturalized on notification obtained for three illustrations separated from three stubborn populations that are ordinaryly reserved after a while correspondent variances, has a few detriment estimates.
Value of the
F = ___V__ = VII
a) Confront the detriment estimates and finished the ANOVA consideration. Round to indelicate decimal places.
b) Using α = .01, what is your misrecord for the experiment after a while the inoperative supposition that the mediums of the three populations are all correspondent despite the resource supposition that the mediums of the three populations are not all correspondent?
- Reject H0. Conclude that the mediums of the three populations are correspondent.
- Reject H0. Conclude that the mediums of the three populations are not correspondent.
- Do not decline H0. Conclude that the mediums of the three populations are correspondent.
- Do not decline H0. Conclude that the mediums are of the three populations are not correspondent.