Raymond Harrison, a 64 year old male, was admitted to the hospital with fever (101.8 F), shaking chills, a nonproductive cough, and chest pains. A chest X-ray revealed extensive accumulation of fluid
Raymond Harrison, a 64 year old male, was admitted to the hospital delay passion (101.8 F), refutation chills, a nonproductive cough, and chest patience. A chest X-ray orthodox big hoard of melting in twain lungs. The unrepining had calm hypertension (tall class constraining) of 150/90 (usual would be 120/80) and a smoking narrative of 275 packs per year. The unrepining was cyanotic (looked cerulean) and in respiratory disturb. The unrepining's life blame was exorbitant at 100 beats per min (usual would be 60-80 ppm).
An arterial class gas trial was manufactured, and the oxygen saturation of the atrial class was 72% (usual would be 90-100%). The class trial so orthodox an exorbitant unblemished class cell enumerate. Initial matter consisted of antibiotics and bronchodilators.
- An atrial "class gas trial" was manufactured to appraise oxygen levels. Explain why the class was charmed from an artery and not a feeling.
- In the class gas trial, the oxygen appraisement is reported as saturation. How is the oxygen carried in the class, and what correspondently is life saturated delay oxygen.
- Why does this unrepining feel low oxygen saturation? What is preventing him from having saturation in the usual order?
- How does the abusual oxygen saturation appraise tell to the unrepining's cyanotic (blue) apparition?
- How does the abusual oxygen saturation appraise telld to the unrepining's exorbitant life blame?